The American Institute of
Professional Geologists (AIPG)
was founded in 1963 to certify the
credentials of practicing geologists and to advocate on behalf of the
AIPG represents the professional
interests of all practicing geoscientists in every discipline.
advocacy efforts are focused on the promotion of the role of
geologists in society.
Arch Rock, Mackinac Island, Michigan. - Photo
credit: Adam Heft.
TRC - Hydrogeologist/Environmental Scientist - Ann Arbor, MI (posted 8/9/18) - pdf
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges.
TRC’s vision is to solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live – community by community and project by project. We value Safety, Quality, Integrity, Creativity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Passion.
POSITION: We currently have an opportunity for a Hydrogeologist/Environmental Scientist in our Ann Arbor Michigan Office. The position will include the following activities:
- Collection of soil and groundwater samples and performing and evaluating aquifer tests.
- Management of subcontractors.
- Oversight during monitoring well and piezometer installation and development.
- Evaluation of sample results including generation of tables and figures to illustrate collected data.
- Hydrogeologic assessments and technical evaluations regarding sources, transport, and fate of groundwater and soil contamination.
- Development of remediation alternatives evaluations.
- Determination of the potential chemical impacts and development of recommendations in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
REQUIREMENTS AND NECESSARY SKILLS: The successful candidate shall possess the following attributes:
- Master of Science degree highly preferred, degree must be in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Earth Science with environmental focus and coursework and/or experience in hydrogeology, geohydrology, or groundwater geology, and/or chemical fate and transport in the environment.
- For recent college graduates or for those candidates that will graduate in 2018, an internship or cooperative education experience with an environmental consulting firm is preferred.
- The preferred candidate will possess excellent communication and writing skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines for multiple Project Managers.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) is mandatory. Fluency with gINT, LogPlot, and/or ArcGIS or other geographical information system software is preferred but not required.
- Candidate is expected to possess solid technical and problem solving skills and must be willing to accept occasional short and long term field assignments, and must have a valid driver’s license.
- Qualified candidate will be expected to interact with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
Candidate possessing a 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate or an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification is preferred. Candidates without current certification or without prior 40-hr training will be required to attend (and receive certification).
For more information about this position, or to apply for this position, click here.
ACTION: By 8/9/18, DEQ WRD 2 Geologist 9-P11 vacancies (posted 8/6/18)
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/michigan/jobs/2161434/geologist-9-p11-2-vacancies-great-lakes-shorelands-unit?keywords=geologist&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs The response deadline is 11:59 PM EDST, 8/9/2018.
These positions will conduct site-specific reviews of proposed groundwater and surface water large quantity withdrawals to determine whether they are likely to cause adverse resource impacts to stream flow, fish, and other uses of inland lakes. These positions will review groundwater models submitted by property owners or their consultants. These positions may also create and calibrate their own groundwater models for proposed large quantity withdrawals.
Environmental Resources Group, LLC (ERG) is seeking candidates open positions in our Detroit, Wixom, and Muskegon, Michigan Offices (posted 7/9/18) - pdf
Environmental Resources Group, LLC (ERG) is a premier, fully integrated professional environmental services firm positioned to service public-and private-sector clients. ERG employs engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals. The firm is a leader in the key markets that it serves, including agriculture, transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, and government. More information on ERG and its services can be found at www.ERGrp.net. Please e-mail your resume to info@ERGrp.net.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offer expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
Job Summary 1-Staff Geologist/Engineer/Environmental Scientist
ERG is looking for environmental professionals (1 years to 5 years of experience) in the Regulatory Compliance/Permitting, Due Diligence, and/or Site Assessment/Remediation areas. Ideal candidates will be skilled in compliance support services, report writing, and be familiar with the environmental regulations. 40-hr/8-hr HAZWOPER is required.
Candidates should be willing to accept some travel possibly once or more a month. Candidates must have a valid Driver’s license and be prepared to confirm US residency or document that he/she has the legal authority to be working in the USA.
The position (based on experience) will be salary based and is negotiable. Other standard benefits such as, paid sick days, vacation days and allowances for health care are also available.
Advanced degree in environmental engineering or hydrogeology is preferred.
Job Summary 2-Project Manager-West Michigan
ERG is looking for an engineer, geologist, or environmental scientist to join its Muskegon office. The person selected for this position will manage, complex work on projects related to site characterization, and evaluation of contaminated sites.
Project work will include managing scope, schedule, and budget using teams of resources; preparing and implementing work plans and cost estimates for many types of environmental projects. ERG project managers oversee completion of reports, interact with internal and external customers, and track project budgets.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geoscience, geology or hydrogeology, have 5 or more years of experience related to Phase I/Phase II ESAs, site investigations, site characterization, data interpretation, and reporting, and have project management experience. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication capability is required.
Advanced degree in environmental engineering or hydrogeology is preferred. Candidates will have business development and client relationship experience and have an established network with industry personnel and industry associations.
What We Offer
ERG is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes ERG a great place to work and grow.
ERG is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
TRC Environmental Careers - job opening
DLZ Corporation - job opening
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation has a rewarding opportunity for an Environmental Project Manager in Lansing or South East Michigan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Oversee environmental efforts and provides guidance as necessary to ensure quality, safety, schedule, and budget of assigned projects.
- Review quality, accuracy, and completeness of assigned projects in accordance with applicable governmental and industry standards.
- Work with Department and Division Managers to prepare quarterly projections, invoicing and closeout for the department.
- Monitor contractual commitments and confirm work is being performed according to the client's instructions.
- Technical Report preparation and review
- Direct the activities of all personnel reporting to him/her on assigned projects.
- Maintain environmental design, reporting, and production standards and procedures.
- Make client contact and maintain working relationships at all levels.
- Become a member of and work to be actively involved in civic and professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Bachelor or Masters of Geology, relevant Engineering or Environmental Degree.
- Registered Professional Engineer, if applicable.
- 2 to 3 years relevant field experience and 1 to 2 years project management experience.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a variety of project types, scale and complexity; following project from conception through completion.
- OSHA 40-Hours HAZWOPER training.
- Ability to perform field work as needed, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
- Experience conducting soil vapor, soil, surface water and groundwater investigations.
- Experience developing Conceptual Site Models, Feasibility Studies, and Pilot Studies.
- Experience with remedial design, design documents, system construction and oversight and operations and maintenance.
- Experience with soil vapor investigations and mitigation.
Experience with Michigan Public Act 451, Part 201 and Part 213.
Experience with Brownfield Redevelopment grants, building demolitions, site due care, and Michigan Public Act 381 workplans.
Experience with Real Estate Due Diligence and Michigan Baseline Environmental Assessments.
Experience with Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS).
OSHA Construction Safety training.
Experience with State of Michigan environmental regulations.
Experience working in the Midwest and the State of Michigan.
Experience working with local governmental agencies.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Apply online: https://careers-dlz.icims.com/jobs/1503/job
Environmental Geologist/Project Manager
Westshore Environmental, Muskegon, Michigan
We love West Michigan and we think you’ll agree! Westshore Environmental, a full-service engineering, survey, and environmental consulting company located in Muskegon, is seeking an Environmental Geologist/Project Manager with 5 to 10 years of experience.
Minimum requirements for the position include a B.S. degree in geology, hydrogeology, or related scientific field and a minimum of 5 years of environmental field, technical report writing, and project management experience.
The preferred candidate will have an M.S degree in geology or hydrogeology, 10 years of experience, proven technical report writing skills, the ability to guide field investigations, familiarity with state and federal environmental regulations, a working knowledge of environmental due diligence, experience obtaining permits from State and Federal regulatory agencies, exposure to computer modeling, and proven project management skills. The preferred candidate will also have a proven track record in business development, client communication, staff supervision, timely completion of project deliverables, financial performance tracking, and an interest in partnership opportunities.
Westshore offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Work will be conducted approximately 60% in the office and 40% in the field and generally will not involve weekends or overnights. We serve a wide variety of clients, and job duties will vary significantly from project to project. Typical job assignments might include the following:
- Hydrogeological risk assessment and compliance evaluations
- Computer modeling and aquifer evaluations
- Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) for environmental due diligence
- Field investigations: soil and groundwater sampling, drilling oversite, soil bore logging, monitoring well installation, soil-gas sampling, demolition oversight
- Technical report writing including site investigation reports, Phase I/II ESAs, closure reports, Baseline Environmental Assessments, conceptual site models
If you are interested in joining the Westshore team, please submit a resume to Alan Hinks at email@example.com.
Come to West Michigan, where you’ll enjoy the low cost of living; a fast-growing economy; a great place to raise a family; outdoor recreation for every season; our freshwater coastline and hundreds of inland lakes; great colleges and universities; and a strong social life with great restaurants and breweries, sports teams, festivals, the arts, and more.
Golder Is Hiring!
Ranked #16 in Engineering News Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms, Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 160 offices worldwide, our more than 6000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
Golder Associates is seeking a Geologist/Hydrogeologist to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI office. Successful candidates must have experience in the environmental consulting business and hydrology or hydrogeology.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Performing task and project management assignments associated with environmental site investigations, subsurface investigations and remedial designs, including the preparation of work plans and reports.
- Directing and supervising field and office staff and assuming responsibility for staff development on project assignments.
- Data management and preparing compliance documents.
- Maintaining and growing client base through project add-on work and/or new work while maintaining effective client relations.
- Business development and proposal preparation duties as assigned.
- Data management and database experience desired.
If you have at least 5 years of experience in the environmental consulting business with demonstrated experience in hydrology and hydrogeology, environmental site assessment, and subsurface investigation projects we encourage you to apply. Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- BS/M.S. degree in geology, hydrology or hydrogeology.
- Experience with the site assessment/surface investigation process including drilling and environmental media sampling techniques and procedures, data interpretation and evaluation, and the preparation of geologic boring logs, geologic cross-sections and groundwater contour maps and iso-concentration maps.
- Experience working around active landfill and/or industrial property operations
- Experience interacting with clients and managing subcontractors.
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports, proposals and cost estimates.
- Candidate must have a strong aptitude for meeting deadlines and maintaining project compliance status.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups.
- Proficiency in data management practices. Candidate should have competence and aptitude for sound data management practices related to long-term compliance monitoring programs. Database use and development for long-term monitoring programs a plus.
- Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training; MSHA training a plus.
- Must pass a physical examination and background check as a condition of employment.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If interested go to Golder.com careers or send resume to LKriger@Golder.com
Barr Engineering Co.
Geologist – Project Manager
Grand Rapids, MI
Barr Engineering Co. is seeking a geologist to join its Grand Rapids office. The person selected for this position will undertake challenging, complex work on projects related to soil and groundwater investigations, site characterization, and evaluation of contaminated sites.
Project work will include managing multi-disciplinary teams; preparing and overseeing technical work plans and cost estimates for investigations of contaminated soil, sediment, groundwater, and vapor intrusion; interpreting data; preparing technical reports; and leading client and regulatory negotiations. Responsibilities may also include overseeing completion of project deliverables, client communication, internal team coordination, mentoring junior staff, and tracking financial performance on projects. Business development activities may include proposal development, networking, and informing clients of Barr’s range of services.
Barr is one of the leading consulting firms in the Upper Midwest. We provide engineering and environmental services to clients across the nation and around the world. Barr is proud to have been named a 2016 Great Place to Work based on the results of a national comprehensive employee survey.
NOTE: Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. Participation in an OSHA-mandated medical surveillance program will be required, and safety training will be provided before being assigned to work on these sites. Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature the rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Fulfillment of the position’s responsibilities will require periodic travel. Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in geoscience, geology or hydrogeology
- 8 or more years of experience related to Phase I/Phase II site assessments, groundwater investigations, site characterization, water quality data interpretation, and development of site conceptual models
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building working relationships and leading teams of multiple disciplines
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedules as required to meet project deadlines and client needs
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- Master’s degree in geology or related field
- Project management and leadership experience on complex projects
- Demonstrated business development and client relationship development skills
- Established network with industry personnel and industry associations
Barr Engineering Co. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors that are not specifically listed. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
If you are interested in applying to this position please submit an application at www.barr.com/careers